I'm a fused glass artist and I love to create things.
This blog is about my art, my newest creations and anything that fancies me!

Please feel free to check out my website where I sell all my pieces:
http://www.artisticflair.etsy.com/

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tree of Love

I haven't made a framed fused glass art piece in a while and came across this beautiful brown marbleized glass that I fell in love with. I immediately knew I wanted to make some kind of tree with it. After making the tree with swirly branches, I was stumped - it needed something. I had these 2 little fused glass doves that I had made a while back and were sitting in my stash of "not sure what to do with" glass. I loved the idea of the love birds. Now, when I got the brown glass, I also got the coolest cranberry marbleized glass and decided to make hearts with this glass. It kind of all came together yesterday as I was playing with different ways to arrange everything - I had the hearts sitting nearby and it was an "ah ha" moment when I decided to incorporate them in with the tree. And now it is complete and listed in my etsy shop here.




4 comments:

PinkPoochDesigns said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

wow.
This is stunning Deb!

btw - have you made a fused-glass ACEO yet?

Anonymous said...

OMG...I really love this!

Deb DiSalvo said...

Thanks for the comments! Christy, no ACEO yet, I actually haven't even thought of this. I've never seen a fused glass ACEO - interetsing thought!

Cheers,
Deb:)