As I was surfing through blogosphere the other day, I came across Janet Campbell's blog, Folk Art by Campbell Jane, and she had the coolest altered art on her blog using just an old paperback book page and a black marker. I was intrigued as I read about her "game". The rules are quite simple:
1. You must use an old paperback page.
2. No ripping or tearing or making holes in the page.
3. You can not have more than 7 words in one line across the page.
4. You must have more than 1 word on the entire page.
5. You must use only a black marker.
6. The art and drawings must make a little sense.
Now, drawing is not one of my forte's, but I tried it out and here's my first attempt (you may need to click on the page to see the words):
Janet posts Altered pages submitted to her on her blog every Tuesday. You definitely need to check hers out and the many she has already posted on her new blog designated purely for the love of altered art, called Altered Pages - Altered Art. You have got to try this out - its quite fun!
She also adds:
**This is addicting and will become your new obsession**
I can see I will be stocking up on black sharpies very soon!!!