My newest creation - Fused glass Pac Man earrings and cuff links! How fun are these?!?! Jump back into the 80's and get your game on! For more info on the cuff links, check them out in my etsy shop here. I'll be taking the earrings to an upcoming art show, but I'd be happy to make more if you'd like a pair. Leave a comment to this post with a contact address for me to respond. Thanks!
AND now, some Pac-Facts:
- Pac-Man is the best-selling coin-operated game in history. In the game's debut year alone, over 100,000 Pac-Man machines were made and sold around the world.
- Namco estimates that the original Pac-Man arcade title has been played more than ten billion times in its 20-year history. Namco's total Pac-Man revenues have reached $100 million... one quarter at a time.
- Pac-Man was inspired by a pizza with a slice missing. Namco designer Tohru Iwatani went out for the evening with some friends and then dove for dinner. The rest is history.
- 1982 saw the debut of ABC's animated cartoon, The Pac-Man Show. It ran for two years as Pac-Man tried to save his friends and Pac-Land from the evil Mezmaron.
- Jerry Buckner and Gary Garcia spoofed Ted Nugent's song Cat Scratch Fever and turned it into Pac-Man Fever. The song hit number nine.
- It took eight people 15 months to complete the original Pac-Man arcade title. Four worked on the hardware, four worked on the software.
- Pac-Man has been licensed to more than 250 companies for over 400 products. There are Pac-Man air fresheners, cereal boxes, flip phones, costumes, record books, and even a hot rod.