I'm a fused glass artist and I love to create things.
This blog is about my art, my newest creations and anything that fancies me!

Please feel free to check out my website where I sell all my pieces:
http://www.artisticflair.etsy.com/

Friday, November 6, 2009

Taking pet rocks to a whole new level!

So after my son made loads of pet rocks last month and all the great feedback everyone was giving him, I decided to search for pet rocks on etsy (just to see if anyone did this). Well...................... take a look - you won't believe your eyes! Make sure to click on the pictures and see these fabulous rocks up close and personal.

From RockArtiste's etsy shop:






















From CynthiaKayoDesigns' etsy shop:



















From MelanieKay's etsy shop:























From Gardenstones' etsy shop:



I especially liked how this artist used the cracks and crevices to compliment her designs! Very clever!

















Which NOW leads you to the rock I painted. My son found this rock over the summer and I kept saying how it looked like a converse shoe. After much shameless begging, he let me paint it. Not quite like the artists above, but, none the less, fun!

6 comments:

Amy Lilley Designs said...

Miss Deb, I got my rocks today and I am so thrilled for Carson and how well packaged everything was...along w/ his own card...and a special 'thank you'...really special...more than rocks...GEMS!!!

Great finds on Etsy...who knew???

Deb DiSalvo said...

Amy- so glad you got them! I was showing Carson how I package things when I send them and he wanted to do the same! The picture on his "business cards" is one of his drawings that I took a picture of. Never too early to teach the basics of proper selling etiquette!

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

These are all great! Thanks for showing them all!!

Kim said...

hi Deb
love the pet rocks!!!
you are the featured Artist at TAD this week :) :)
cheers Kim

Deb DiSalvo said...

Kim- Thanks so much!!!!

Rob said...

Those rock paintings are amazing!