I'm a fused glass artist and I love to create things.
This blog is about my art, my newest creations and anything that fancies me!

Please feel free to check out my website where I sell all my pieces:
http://www.artisticflair.etsy.com/

Monday, January 5, 2009

I Got Sucked In!

As you may have seen through previous posts, I've made a few fused glass creations from the Twilight series, only really hearing about Twilight through my 13-yr. old niece and loads of other people. I really thought it was more of a teenage plot (which, I guess it is), and not until I read Christy DeKoning's blog over the weekend and saw her post on the book and her painting of "Edward" did I decide to break down and get the book. Christy sounded just like me being an avid book reader and not really sure about this series. I had a gift card for Barnes and Noble from Christmas and decided to bite the bullet and get the first book in paperback yesterday, figuring if I couldn't get into it, then no harm done. I mean, I even tried to get on the bandwagon with the Harry Potter series, only to read the first few chapters of the first book and knew that was not for me. I thought "a book about vampires, surely I won't get into this series either." So, I broke open Twilight this afternoon and haven't put it down, but to start making dinner, while stirring spaghetti with my book in hand and reading while I ate! Now, Christy warned me to buy the second book when I bought the first, because I wouldn't be able to stop after the first. Did I take her advice - no. So..............looks like tomorrow I'll be back at Barnes and Noble buying the 2nd book! I'm almost finished with the first and I'm sure I will not fall asleep tonight until its finished. Yeah, well..... its that good! Gotta run and get back to Edward and Bella!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAH!

I told you, it's a big commitment lol...we're talking a few days here with no contact with the rest of the family. I even told my oldest son to (not very politely) leave me alone at 1:30am a few nights ago when he started babbling about cars JUST because I was still awake. I mean, how inconsiderate could he be when I was so obviously in need of my Edward fix and so obviously NOT interested in chatting about horsepower?
Anyway I'm glad you're enjoying it as much as I did. I'm almost finished book 4 ... back to work in 2 days so I can't stop now.
You'll love book 4 too - some wonderful twists and turns!
I can't wait to see what you create after you finish the book.

Sarcasta-Mom said...

It's awful isn't it!?? After the first book, I went out and got the other three just so I could have them imediatly on hand. It's a sickness I tell you, like book crack...

Beautiful Twilight items btw :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! First - you are brilliant with your twilight art! delicious! Next i have read all four and wavered back and forth from not so good writing - to good writing jazz - then proceeded to go from team jacob to team edward - ultimately any movie I have to go see twice because I am so smitten with the story has got to be good! So Good luck trying to defy the allure and mystique of the twiligght series!

PlowandPony said...

I am on book 4 myself. Book crack INDEED! I thought that these books couldn't possibly be that good. I can't put them down. I've had very little sleep. My family doesn't even know me anymore! LOL

PlowandPony said...

I loved book 4! Finally finished it..boy am I tired. O.k. going to go see the movie this weekend. I know it won't be the same but I must keep this addiction fed!